Friday, January 23, 2009

Nothing sacred about today's tobacco

John:"Of all the addictions I've had to face, cigarette smoking is the hardest to shake and this is coming from someone who fought the addiction of heroin and cocaine. It seems like every time I think I defeated my demons with tobacco I fall flat on my face and have to start all over again. My battle with tobacco really took an upswing when my mother passed away from lung cancer. My mom is one of the strongest people I know and to see her in her last days was enough to break my heart. Even though she was barely hanging on and down to her last few days she still insisted on going outside to have a smoke. Of course by then it was too late and my family just stepped aside and allowed her to do whatever she wanted. But I still believed, wrongly of course, she still had a chance. When she was healthy she shined with life and people would come from all over to ask her for advice."

No comments:

Post a Comment